- Add Existing Player - for adding a player who is already in the ECF grading list.
- Add New Player - for adding a player who is not in the grading list.
Users with access to update lists may also have a Delete column. Clicking on the X deletes the player from the list, but not from the system.
Where do the grades in the player lists come from?There is a copy of the ECF master list within the system database. There is an administration option to refresh this using the dbase file that is sent out to graders. The name, DOB, and sex are held locally seperately so that they can be modified in case the ECF list is wrong, or in the case of new players. The estimated grade field is there in case you want to assign an estimated grade to someone not graded in the ECF list.
What does the load all players for a club option do?It adds anyone to the player list in the specified club who is not already there and who has a grading. The ECF grading list stores up to 6 clubs against a player, but only the first 3 are considered when deciding which players belong to a club
Why does club player list have all players for a club?When a club is added for the first time, only those players matching the above rules (load all players option) are loaded. Others can be loaded by picking the load existing player tab - to load a player from the grading list, or the load new player list to add a player never before graded.
Player DetailsPicking on a player from a player list, or match card leads to a player details page. The organisation owner can modify these details. When the system creates grading files it uses the players name, DOB and sex from the player page rather than the grading list to they can be changed.
The club field is only used for individual events when creating the grading file, otherwise the club that the players team belongs to it used.
The ECF Grade code is populated when a player is added from the grading list. If a player is ungraded an estimated local grade can be specified here in which case it will override any ECF grade and be shown on the match card with a category of L for Local grade. They is an option under Local Grades from the Admin option to reset any local grades to zero for players who now have an actual ECF grade.
Player PhotographsPlayer photographs can appear on the player page and matchcard. In order for a player photograph to appear:
- The player has to have a userid created for them.
- Then either they or the administrator needs to upload the photograph. This can be done by the user themselves via My Account or the ECF admin via Users option.
- Then the player needs to be linked to this userid. This can be done by the organisation owner by selecting the player from the player list and then using the Change User ID button from within the Edit tab. This will search for a userid with the players name. If it doesn't find one try changing the players name. It searches the users for someone with a name that ends in the players surname.