First a description of some terminology:
- An Organisation groups together a number of competitions (events) run in different seasons. It is usually a League, such as Somerset League. But it could be club running a club championship.
- A Season groups together a number of competitions (events).It is usually something like "2016/17 Season", "Summer League 2018". It could also be something like a congress with the sections in the congress being events
- An Event is one particular competition, for example League Division 1, Knockout cup, Invididual Championship. An organisation can contain a number of different events in different seasons. Only events in active seasons are listed on the organisation home page. Events for previous seasons can be accessed via the option on the top menu bar.
- A club is a chess club known to the national grading system. You must setup clubs to have team events. The club will be used to initially populate the player list from the grading system. In the case of the county championship, a club could be a County
- A club can have one or more teams. A team belongs to one event only.
- A fixture belongs to an event. It could be a match between 2 teams of a league or a round of an individual competition.
- Add Clubs
- Add text about your league
- Set league options appropriately
Adding ClubsYou need to add clubs for any teams that you want. The club is only added once, even if there are multiple teams for that club.
Select Admin then Clubs. If you don't have an Add Club button, then contact the organisation owner - you have't been given the correct permissions.
There are 2 ways to add a club:
- Select the appropriate club, then press add club button.
- Enter the clubs name or Club code in the box next to the Search Clubs button and then press the button and select from the list.
The club status within the organisation can be:
- Active - appears on home page and available for use in teams.
- Friendly - available for use in teams, but doesn't show on the home page (useful if you want have friendlies against a team in another league)
- Inactive - only appears on club admin list.
Note: if its a new club that doesn't appear in the list, see the grading system page for more details on what to do.