Frequently Asked Questions.
I don't know what to do, where do I start?The first thing you need is a login id. If you don't have one, contact the administrator.
- Start here if you are setting up a new organisation or league for the first time.
- Start here if you are a team captain wanting to enter a match result.
I didn't get the welcome email for my new login idUsually this is because the email got put into a SPAM/Junk mail folder. Some email providers have a web based junk email folder so check there also.
I forgot my password or login IDGo to My Account then Request New Password. Enter your email address and it should reset your password and send you another email with login instructions.
A player is missing from the dropdown list on the matchcardYou can either select New Player and put details in the match comment. Or if the admin of your league is happy for clubs to maintain their own lists, pick your club from the home page, pick player list tab and you get 2 options:
- Add existing player - for someone already in the grading list
- Add new player - for a completely new player
How do you delete a player list?Admin option on top menu, Player Lists on 2nd lower menu, select the player list and then pick on the Admin tab. Click delete button.
Why can't I see the event I created?Try looking under Previous Seasons. Possibly the season that the event belongs to is inactive.
How do you delete a club?Pick the club from the home page. Then Edit Club Details There is a delete button here. You can't delete a club if it belongs to any organisation. See below
How do you remove a club from an organisationPick the club from the home page. Then Edit Club Details Scroll down and there is a list of organisations and a link to remove the club.
Is the LMS compatible with smart phones?The League Management System is compatible with smart phones, although there are few improvements that could be made to giver a better user experience. You may need to zoom in/out rotate to 90 degress. It is known to work with a Samsung Galaxy S3. It will be improved since several people have asked about this.
How do you change a team match night?Select the event, and Teams tab. Select the team. Select Edit. Modify the match night using selector.
How do you delete a team?Select the event, and Teams tab. Select the team. Select Edit. Click Delete Button at the bottom, but note if you have any fixtures for this team you will have to go and change them.
How do you delete an event?Select the event, and Edit tab. Scroll down to see the Delete Button at the bottom.
Error message: results visibility field required?This field was added after some organisations were created so needs setting to normal.
What permissions do secretaries and captains have?
- Selecting a user as secretary does not give any rights
- Selecting a user as a team captain does not give any rights - it just means they appear in the team captains list.
- Having a user as a club owner means that they can input match results, update the text on the club page, and update player lists for their club.
What is match card comment and flagged matches?Match cards have comments:
- To enter details of any players not in the player lists (especially in leagues where they don't want the clubs to add them)
- To enter a match report (in my league someone collates them and sends something to the local paper)
- To enter details of adjounrments
What if the number of boards in a match changes?The organisation or event owner can delete boards from a match under the admin tab. The other option is to set the result as 0-0 and both players as Default.
The owner can also add additional boards.
What is the difference between an adjustment and a penalty?The only practicle difference is that penalties appear in the league table under the MP column whereas adjustments do not, although they both affect the score of the match.
Adjustment - If a game was scored 1-0, you might need to send it off for grading as 1-0, but the score towards the match should be 0-1. So the adjustment would be -1 for A and +1 for B.
Penalty - You might just have a penalty gamepoint for some other offence, in which case, some team would be -1.