Refresh GradesThe Remove Local Grades button causes local grades (which override the ECF ones) for players in the organisation to be removed, if they now have an ECF grade.
Previously there was an option here to refresh grades for the League but this has been replaced by having 2 options in the event grading type to use either January or August grades.
ExportExport Organisation Data causes all the information in the LMS to be written to an XML format file. It was written in order to export a league from an older version of the system and import to a newer. It could also be used as a backup or archiving facility for a league no longer needed.
Organisation settingsYou can view various settings for an organsation under the Admin tab for an organisation. If you have access to change these there will be an Update Settings tab takes you to a page where they can be updated. The settings are split into 5 groups:
- Admin Details
- Fixture Generation
- Authoring Information
- Name of the oganisation, for example "Birmingham and District League"
- Machine Name
- A short name for the organisation, for example birmingham. This must have no spaces and only lower case letters. It is used internally by the system, for example to create a group of users belonging to the league.
- Store Fixture Changes
- Fixture Revisions On means that previous versions of all matches are kept. It is thus possible for the organisation owner to see how often a fixture was updated and what the previous versions were. This option should not be turned on unless required as it uses more memory.
- Verify Emails
- This option currently has no affect and should be ignored. Its purpose was to send reminder emails informing team captains that a new match result had been entered and that they should verify it.
- Auto Locking
- This option currently has no affect and should be ignored. Its purpose was to automatically change a fixtures status to Locked - preventing it being changed by the team captains. The organisation owner can do this manually from the fixtures tab.
- League Table Order
- Indicates if the league table is sorted by match points then game points or by games points only. This had been superceeded by an event level setting and will be removed in a future release.
- Unfinished Games
This option indicates how unfinished games are treated. An unfinished game is
a game in a fixture that has a result of Adjourned, Adjudication, or no result
entered. The options are:
- Ignore unfinished games. The match score is considered to be made up of those games that have a result (or default).
- Treat unfinished games as drawn. Each game with no result entered is treated as though it were drawn. Thus for example, in a 3 board match if the result of one board is entered as a win for the home team, and the other games left as no result, or adjournemnt or adjudication then the match score will be considered to be 2 - 1 for purposes of the league table.
- Assign Match Points if Threshold Passed. If one team has gained enough points to draw the match, then they are given one match point in the league table. If they have gained enough they are given 2 points.
- Ignore Unfinished Matches. If any game within a match does not have a result specified then the whole match is ignore for purposes of the league table.
- Unamed Default
- If an unnamed player is given a default in a match on a board above a named player then this is reported as a violation.
- Show Current Grade
- Causes the current ECF grade to be shown in brackets when viewing match cards. May be useful if older grades are being used for the league.
- Grade Limit Option
- If this is set to average grade, then for any event with a grading limit, match results are checked to see if the average grade is under the limit. Otherwise total grade is used.
- Team designation
- When creating teams, affects if the default team name is of the form "Club Name A" or "Club Name 1", ie if it is numeric or a letter.
- Results Visibility
- Causes match results to be only visibile to logged in users. This option was created for a schools league where individual results are restricted.
- White on odds default
- If the first board should default to White on odds at Home or Away.
- Player List Access
This option controls what access to player lists club owners are allowed.
There are 5 levels or access:
- Organisation owners only
- Club owners can add existing players to lists but not create new players
- Club owners can add players to lists and create new players. When creating new players they cannot enter the grading code, grading, and membership fields as this would allow them to create a copy of an existing player.
- Club owners can add players to lists, create new players and set local grades. The grade field is only editable if the grading category is blank (eg a newly created player), 'L' a local grade or 'F'.
- Club owners can do anything within player lists.